We are committed to helping patients to live their life with a long-term condition.
The practice offer services where the patient can get advice on the following long term condition:
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
CHD (Chronic Heart Disease)
We work in partnership with the patient to create the right care plan for their needs. It’s important to think about what you as the patient wants from your care plan as it will help you know what you want to discuss with your GP or Practice Nurse.
We have information on places and or websites for you to contact such as:
NHS Choices suggests some questions you could ask:
- Where can I find out about self-help courses for people who have long-term conditions?
- I want to find out more about my condition. What are the best places to do this?
- Is there any new equipment that might help me manage day-to-day. If so, how do I get it?
- How do I meet other people who have the same condition as me? Is there a local or national support group?
- Are there any lifestyle changes I should make to help my health, such as giving up smoking, avoiding certain foods, or doing more of a certain type of exercise?
- What are the results of my tests and what do they mean for me?
- What happens next?
- What can I do?
- What can the doctor do?
Map of Medicine on NHS Choices
All this think ahead information is there to help support you to manage your long term condition.