Social Prescribing is designed to support people with a wide range of social, emotional or practical needs which is focused on improving patients mental health and physical well-being. Social prescribers will support individuals using a person-centered approach, this may include helping develop social skills and strategies and supporting individuals to identify any unmet non-medical needs including social, emotional an financial needs.
Main points of patient focus include:
- Poor housing
- High service usage
Support can continue for as long as required, we do not have a set number of sessions. You will only be discharged when yourself and the social prescriber feel as though you have met your goals.
If this is something which you would be interested in please contact the surgery and ask to speak to the reception team who will be happy to arrange your appointment!
- Impact Family Services – 07375788835 based in South Tyneside to support Domestic Abuse cases.
- Angelou Centre (support for BME/refugees) – 0191 2260394
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0808 2000247
- Men’s Advice Line -0808 8010327
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0800 9995428
- Psychological wellbeing services – 0191 2832937
- Crisis Team – 03031231145
Please see below links for self help guides: